Monday, March 3, 2014

Week 34 - West Columbia, SC - 3/2/14



My dear family! This has been quite the week! We've been blessed with a lot of miracles and exciting things happening.

To start it all out, we went over to S' house last Tuesday to help him quit smoking. He's the one who went to the bishop wanting to be baptized. Well we asked him for his pack of cigarettes and he just up and got them for us along with his lighter! I was all giddy inside! I've never had someone give me their pack of cigarettes so that was awesome! We've checked up on him a few times and he hasn't touched a cigarette since. However he's hung up on his electronic cigarette... Any suggestions to get him off of that?

We also saw T this last week. I don't know if I've talked much about her but she's a quadriplegic. She's confined to a wheelchair and loves the gospel! She loves the pamphlets we give out! She calls them "little lottery tickets." They all make a ton of sense to her. The only thing that's keeping her back from being baptized is that her van has been broken down and she's had no mode of transportation. But guess what? She's getting it fixed! Her van wasn't in front of her apartment the last few times we were in the area so we think it's in the shop! Woo hoo!

Just for the record, there's this super good Southern restaurant called Lizard's Thicket here in Columbia. Sister Manning and I discovered it on Wednesday. Oh my lands. It was so good! The next day we had a member meal and they were like "Hey! Let's go to Lizard's Thicket!" We were okay with that because it was awesome! When we got there, the same lady waited at our table. She kind of embarrassed us by saying "Didn't I see y'all here last night?" "... Yes..." Our poor members felt so bad that we had already gone there. It was just embarrassing all over the place!

I have the best news ever! T P got confirmed yesterday! *Cue celebratory dance* Oh man. I literally did a double take when I saw her in church. She keeps giving me grief for it. She was like "I told you I'd be here, Sister!" Man. I was so happy she was there! We finally completed that baptism! I just can't tell you how great that was to get her there! I know the Lord was teaching me patience in the month of February. I now realize that I've grown a lot in helping T realize the importance in coming to church. It was a pretty neat experience now looking back on it!

Well that's all I have for this week! I love y'all! Thanks for all your love and support! Have a blessed week!

- Sister Amy Christensen

Sister Manning and I with our first pack and lighter!

A true southern meal from Lizard's Thicket - Chicken Fried Steak, Mac and Cheese, Fried Okra and cornbread! Mmm mmm!

Five letters in one day? This is what happiness looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment