Monday, March 24, 2014

Week 37 - West Columbia, SC - 3/24/14


Hello Family and Friends!

Just to let you know, I had a pretty great birthday! Sister Manning was super awesome and treated me to Cold Stone and we went to Piggly Wiggly (a southern supermarket similar to Albertson's) to get some Pig shirts. Yeah... that was my true heart’s desire for my birthday... I also got my birthday package on my birthday so that was pretty cool. It was a pretty good 21st birthday if you ask me!

This week has been full of finding! We were having a hard time getting lessons with our investigators for some reason. We'd be good to go until right before the lesson and they'd call us or text us telling us that they were sick. No good! We got creative with our finding! We walked the Saluda River on Friday to find since it was a beautiful day! It was creative but people weren't very receptive to that unfortunately... But I guess I can say I've done the river walk now!

Speaking of finding, we had like 10 minutes before a dinner appointment and we decided to knock around the member's house. Well we went two doors up from the member and guess what? There was a less-active living there and we didn't have her records! Once we introduced ourselves, she said "I was baptized Mormon!" I was like "Wut." We set up a return appointment with her and she seems like she's going to be one who would come back to church. I'm excited to keep working with her!

I don't know if I told you about Tonell Jenkins... She's quadriplegic and has been investigating for a long while. We like to call people like that "etern-igators," or eternal investigators. She wants to be baptized but hasn't been able to make it to church. Her van finally got fixed but now she can't find anyone to get her to church. We told her we'd get someone in the ward to come get her on Sundays. We also committed her to baptism on April 19! I'll keep you updated on how that goes!

That's all for this week! This upcoming week is the last week of the transfer and we will get transfer calls on Saturday about what's going on! I'll be sure to keep y'all updated on that! Love you! Have a blessed week!

- Sister Amy Christensen

Me and a cool painting on the Saluda River!

Piggly Wiggly shirts! "I'm Big On The Pig!"

Piggly Wiggly shirts and shamrock glasses from home for my birthday!      

No comments:

Post a Comment