Monday, March 31, 2014

Week 38 - West Columbia, SC - 3/30/14


My dear family and friends,

WHERE IS THE TIME GOING?! This last week has by far been the fastest week of my mission! Sister Manning and I both agree that it feels like it should be Thursday right now. I guess we shouldn't complain... It's really a great thing that time is going by so quickly. It means we're doing something right!

Last Monday was probably the best P-Day of my mission. We went to the Fort Jackson Army Base with Sister McHaley and Sister Creager to take some cool pictures and go to the museum there! It was way cool! It was strange though because we had to take off our name tags... There's no proselyting on the base! So when you see the pictures of me there, know that there's a reason that I didn't have my name tag on. After that, we stopped by the state capitol to take some pictures since we were in the area. And then (if that wasn't enough), we went bowling! It was the first time I've been bowling in 9 months! Get this! On my first bowl, I got a strike! Oh yeah! I still have my game on even as a missionary!

This week we got to do some service for one of our former investigators, Marie. Marie is an "etern-igator." She has been investigating for the past year and she gets really close to being baptized... But she's also in a relationship with a less-active who “anti”s her. No good. We helped her plant her vegetable garden and invited her to come to the Women's Broadcast on Saturday. Spoiler Alert: She came. She really liked it! Which was awesome.  Kaetlynn and Kristi Duckett also came to the broadcast and they loved it! It was really neat for all of us to experience!

Sam Harris is doing great! We had a lesson with him and a member of the bishopric on Saturday and it was awesome! Sam told us that he believes the church is true and that he wants to go to the temple. He's preparing himself right now because he knows it's an honor to go. He's kind of hesitant to have a set baptism date but right now he's shooting for May 10th!

So... Transfers are coming up this week... Sister Manning is leaving :( I'm staying in West Columbia. But that's not all! I'm going to be training again! I'm one of three sisters who will be training this transfer! How crazy is that?! I'm pumped! I'm so grateful that the Lord is allowing me to train one of His sister missionaries again!

Well that's all for this week! Next week's email should be a good one! Love y'all! Have a blessed week!

At Fort Jackson! I place the mission first!

Me and Sister Manning by some tank at Fort Jackson

Me and Sister Manning at the Capitol

Bowling with the Sisters! Me, Sister Manning, Sister Creager, Sister McHaley

Planting with Marie!

Me, Grace Jennings and Sister Manning. Grace is one of the members of our bishopric's daughter and she loves the missionaries.









No comments:

Post a Comment