Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Week 33 - West Columbia, SC - 2/24/14



My dear family!

What a week this has been! I feel like not a whole lot has happened... but a lot of lessons are being learned!

We got a lot of contacting done this week! We've been at a standstill with a lot of our progressing investigators for a while so we figured it's time to get out and go to work! We've found a few formers and leads that we're trying to work with so I guess I'll keep you posted on how that goes in the upcoming weeks!

So I finally got to go to the mission home! It's only been 7 1/2 months since I've been out. Hahah. It's such a beautiful home! But we got to do some service there by cleaning up after the incoming missionaries left. It was pretty sweet! Plus Sister Holm gave us these cute little SCCM aprons to thank us for it! Sister Manning and I got matching ones! We just love them!

We saw K and her mom this week and they are doing excellent! We committed them to read and pray together as a family and they're all about it! K (mom) even said "Yeah... I though it was about time that we started to do that together!" They are golden! They also gave us these huge boxes of chocolates for a "late Valentine's Day" present! Hahah. They're too sweet! I love them and I'm so happy that they've come into my path!

As for (recent investigator), she has had some stuff come up that has caused her to have some hard feelings towards the church. We talked with her last night and told her that the church is true and the people are not. I think that she has a better understanding for that now, thank goodness for inspired questions! We honestly wouldn't have been able to do that without the Lord! This week will be the week! I have all the faith in the world!

Yesterday, I had a realization. This week alone, I've shared a lot of personal stories about my life before the mission with less-actives and investigators. I realized that the Lord was preparing me then to help the people of South Carolina now. I had some trials that I went through that have helped people here. It's crazy how the Lord has made a plan for me and has preparing me for this moment in my life before I even thought about serving a mission! I totally related it to Alma 26:30 in my personal studies this morning. It was probably one of the coolest moments on my mission thus far.

This upcoming week should be a good one. We don't have any super cool plans yet but I can just feel it! I've had to rely a lot on the Lord lately and I think it has just made me love being a missionary even more! I hope that y'all have a blessed week! Go and talk to everyone about the gospel :) Love you!

- Sister Amy Christensen


Me outside of the mission home. (This is a week after the ice storm... it was like 70 degrees at 10 am! This is some bipolar weather!)

Me and Sister Manning in our matching SCCM aprons! We made cinnamon rolls for a RS activity where we were supposed to bring 5 of our favorite things. My favorite thing is food... so yeah...


No comments:

Post a Comment