Monday, September 30, 2013

Week 12 - Inman, SC - 9/30/13



Another week come and gone as a missionary! I can't believe how fast these weeks are going by! This week has been a rather interesting one for sure!

Last week, our investigator D met up with us for a discussion on how church went a few weeks back since he couldn't meet up with us sooner and we were going to answer any question he may have had. Well, he met up with us and the first thing he tells us is he's moving to North Carolina later that day. ... What?! Luckily he's only moving 3 miles away from the border of our area and he's only going to be there for a few months doing maintenance on a house for his pastor. He's willing to meet us in our area so we can keep teaching him. Don't worry, it's ok for us to keep teaching him! We talked to our Zone Leaders about it and they said as long as the move is temporary, we'll be fine especially since he hasn't committed to baptism yet. That was definitely the strangest thing that happened to us this last week.

Saturday was probably the most eventful day of this past week. We were able to go to Harvest Days in Inman which is kind of the equivalent of Swiss Days and that was fun! We didn't realize it was on Saturday or else we would have tried to set up a booth or something!

Right after that, we went to a baptism for someone the Elders in my ward were teaching. And guess what? I did a musical number for it! It was weird because I haven't sung in front of a group of people for so long... But I guess it was pretty good considering I had less than 2 days to find and prepare "When I Am Baptized." The 2nd Counselor in the bishopric told me that I made him cry. I asked him if I made him cry because it was good or because it was bad and he didn't ever answer me. Awkward.

Then we had the General Relief Society Broadcast that night! It was weird having it at 8 pm though. But probably the coolest thing about that broadcast is that I knew that several of my family members and friends were watching the same broadcast as me at the same time even though we're across the country from each other!

Also get this. We're trying to improve the ward missionary work in the Boiling Springs ward so with our ward mission leader's permission, we kicked off a 40 day fast yesterday. We're not trying to starve the people in my ward by making them fast for 40 days, I promise! What we've asked is that one individual or family sign up for a day to fast and we'll have someone fasting each day for the missionaries in the ward and for missionary opportunities for themselves. I hope that made sense. I'm really excited to see what happens from this! I'm sure it can only bring blessings to the ward!

That's all for this week! I love y'all! Have a blessed week :)

- Sister Amy Christensen



Me at Harvest Days!

Me, D and Sister Craig in Hardee's. Classy place for a picture, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment