Monday, September 16, 2013

Week 10 - Inman, SC - 9/16/13



Holy cow! Is it really Week 10?! I'm in the double digits! Wow. This is just going by too fast! I can't even believe it! The past week has been pretty good for me, I definitely can't complain!

So first off, let me tell you something that I'm quite proud of. I'm changing out here for the better. Like it's noticeable to me, my companion and other missionaries. On Tuesday, we had a Zone Training and this girl who was in my MTC district came up to me and said "Sister Christensen! You seem different from when we were at the MTC!" And it's true. I just feel like I've matured and also humbled myself a lot since coming on my mission two months ago. I'm excited to see the progress I make throughout the rest of my mission!

Other than that, we had exchanges this last week and I went out of my area for the exchange for the first time! It was such a great experience! I was actually out with my Sister Training Leader, Sister Stout, who came out the same time that I did! It was a really cool experience because we were able to talk about how much we have grown since we came out! I also learned a lot from her like how I can be more bold with my own investigators. It was so great! I am just a firm believer of exchanges!

This week Sister Craig and I got to do our first legit service project for a less-active in our ward and it was awesome! We just stained some pickets (fence posts) on her deck because she didn't have the time to do it. It was pretty great, especially because she gave us homemade chicken pot pie, which was the best, and cupcakes since we wouldn't let her pay us. It was a pretty even trade I feel like.

We had President and Sister Holm speak in our ward yesterday and it was fantastic! They spoke about member missionary work which was so great because it's something that our ward kind of struggles with. I hope that those talks helped pump the members up so they can start working on getting us referrals! That would be cool! And guess what else? We had another investigator, D, come to church yesterday! I was so impressed because when we invited him to church, he said "Well I can't guarantee I'll be there... I'll probably sleep in..." But he didn't! I think it was a great experience because President Holm took a few minutes and talked to him personally about the church! It was so cool! We're going to meet with D later this week and hopefully we'll be able to answer some of his questions he had about our church service so he can progress :)

That's all I have for this week though! I hope all is going well! Love y'all!

- Sister Amy Christensen

 P.S.  2 additional photos have been posted to Week 9.
Photo of Sister Christensen and Sister Craig taken by a sweet lady in Boiling Springs, SC and sent home to the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment