Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Week 25 - Inman/Boiling Springs, SC - 12/30/13



My goodness! It's my last week training Sister Gardner already? I can't even believe it! It seems like it was just a month ago that I was freaking out because I was going to be training and now here I am coming to an end.

Let's start at last Monday! Last Monday, we went to Hollywild with Brother and Sister F (Bishop F's parents). Hollywild is this non-profit zoo for trained animals. It was so much fun! I was going nuts! It's kind of like Thanksgiving Point where you get to see the lights but you stay in your car for it. Not only that, but we went to this part of the zoo where all these animals were roaming around. I got a bag of bread and I got to feed the animals. I fed an emu, a cow and some deer came up to me and ate right out of my hand. It was pretty cool. Once we finished there, we got to go to this area they call Santa's Workshop or something like that. There you get out of the car and it's basically a giant petting zoo at that point. I got to pet camels and zebras. I was a pretty happy camper! I also saw some llamas but I was kind of terrified they'd spit on me so I left that area pretty quickly. That was easily the coolest thing I got to do in this area that was not mission related.

Christmas was pretty good out here! It was different because I was with families other than my own... But I can't complain! Especially because I got to Skype y'all! Oh my goodness. I'm so glad that everyone was there for Christmas! It was so great to see everyone - especially my nephews! They are growing up so fast! It was hard to say goodbye of course but the moment I ended the call, I went out and told Sister K to put me to work. I helped her make their Christmas lunch and that got me focused back on why I'm here pretty fast!

Later we went over to a part member's house, the C’s and had dinner there (by later, I mean one hour after finishing lunch at the K's. I'm a champion for eating so much food). We had an intense discussion with Brother C, the non-member. He's a very knowledgeable man and has done a lot of research on our religion. Sister C makes sure he doesn't read any anti material but he's come across some. He had a lot of interesting questions and I feel like he's the type of guy who wants answers and doesn't really want to rely on faith. We have a return appointment with him this Friday...this should be interesting.

Yesterday, we heard that a less-active that we've been trying to see for a while, Brother B, was in the hospital. We've talked to him on the phone a few times but haven't been able to see him other than that. I guess he talked to his non-member wife about it because when Bishop F went to see him, his wife said that the sister missionaries needed to come. We went to the hospital after church and saw him. He had a heart attack and he had a quadruple bypass surgery or something like that. He was having a rough time. His wife asked us to pray with them before we left and as I was saying the prayer, I had the most overwhelming feeling come over me. I knew that the Savior was aware of this man and his family and that He would take care of them. It was incredible.

Well transfer calls are this Saturday and I'm preparing myself to hear that I'm leaving Boiling Springs. I've been here for nearly 6 months, how crazy is that? It will be sad to leave...but I know I need the change for my sanity. I'll let you know for sure what happens next Monday! Also sorry but no pictures this week. For some reason, my memory cards are getting wrecked here. This is my second memory card that the computer can't read through my card reader. 

I love y'all! I hope you have a blessed week :)

- Sister Amy Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment