Monday, December 23, 2013

Week 24 - Inman/Boiling Springs, SC - 12-23-13



Merry Christmas y'all! It's crazy to think that Christmas is in just a few days! I'm very excited to be celebrating it out here in Boiling Springs though!

First off let me tell you about our Christmas Zone Conference! It was the bomb! We had a few good trainings but afterward, we had a ton of great skits! My district's skit was by far the best! Maybe it's on YouTube now... It's called "Knockin' On People's Doors." One of our ward members made this song for us and we made the music video for it. Oh my goodness. It was the best! President Holm even turned to us after and said "Well you are a talented bunch!" We even have the mission president's approval! Then after the skits, we watched Ephraim's Rescue! That was a fantastic movie! I laughed... I cried... Ok. But seriously. It was funnier then what I expected and I did cry but only a single tear so it was acceptable. Great movie though!

We also saw the M grandkids last Monday. We reviewed the Plan of Salvation with some cut outs I have and they remembered a lot which was awesome! We also taught them about the Word of Wisdom in that lesson. They understood the importance of it and they committed to live it but unfortunately they fell off date. They said that they weren't ready yet... I think part of it's because they're getting a little scared by their grandma who's a member. She keeps telling them they need to make sure this is the right decision because there's no backing out. What she's saying is true... but it sounds scary to a bunch of 10 year olds. Unfortunately we weren't able to see them this week other than that due to them being super sick. We're just praying that they'll get feeling better!

Other then that, we've been doing a lot of service for members because it's been raining a ton here lately and I have this dang cold that I can't get rid of. Get this! For one of our service projects, I helped a member in our ward scrub mold off of her shoes which were in storage. So I don't really like feet in the first place... That was quite the adventure. I don't know if that made me get over my foot phobia or if it made me hate feet even more. Hmm.

Well I'm very grateful for this time of year that I have to reflect on my Savior's birth. Without Him, we'd have no purpose in life. He came to suffer for all of our sins so that He would be able to comfort us when we need it the most and also so we can live with our Father in Heaven again. I'm eternally grateful for all that He has and will do for me. It has been an honor for me to serve as His representative to help bring souls closer to Him especially this Christmas season!

I hope y'all have a very merry Christmas! I'll talk to you in two days! Now go read Luke 2 or watch Mr. Kruger's Christmas or something ;) Love y'all!

- Sister Amy Christensen

Merry Christmas from the Boiling Springs Sisters :)

My Christmas sign. Pretty crafty, eh?




No comments:

Post a Comment