Monday, January 27, 2014

Week 29 - West Columbia, SC - 1/27/14



Greetings Family and Friends :)

This week has been probably the busiest week of my mission. I can't even believe it! It definitely helped keep us busy since we were helping out the Traveling Sisters with their area... But that's beside the point! We had so many lessons this week. Our mission has a goal of how many people we want on date, how many come to church, lessons taught with a member present, etc. each week and we hit our mission goal for lessons this week!  We taught 20 lessons (Member presents, other lessons and less-active/recent converts)! I've only done this one other time on my mission so Sister Manning and I feel pretty accomplished right now!

We had Stake Conference this week and it was excellent! It was all about Hastening the Work again! It was so good! It was interesting because our stake president actually did more like a Q & A during his message. He had the youth who were there share their experiences of doing missionary work! I loved it! Then on Sunday we had a broadcast for all of Florida, Georgia and South Carolina where General Authorities spoke to us about keeping commandments and hastening the work. Elder Nelson spoke and he's kind of the greatest. One of my favorite things he said was "If Elder Uchtdorf can tell airplane stories, I can tell heart stories!" Classic.

My investigators have been doing great and we're going to have 2 baptisms this week! K (9 year old girl) was interviewed to be baptized yesterday and she was cleared! She's the cutest little girl! She remembers everything we teach her! She loves the way we taught the 10 commandments to her. I'll take pictures of how we taught her and send them home next week! They are excellent!

T is still doing well! We had to teach her some more last night about tithing and the Sabbath day so she could be interviewed tomorrow. It turns out that she still remembers the stuff that she was taught a few years ago so she could have been interviewed yesterday! Oh well! It's better to be safe than sorry, right? But get this, T invited her neighbor to sit in on the lesson last night and her neighbor is now interested! T's doing missionary work and she's not even a member yet. This is golden.

Well, the West Columbia area is booming and is ready for the gospel! We have been seeing so many blessings in the people we teach! I know that when we work hard, are obedient and love the people, the Lord will bless us with people to teach and to help enter the waters of baptism! I've seen it so much this last week! I'm excited to keep the good work up! #BaptizeWestCola. Have a blessed week! I love y'all!

- Sister Amy Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment