Monday, December 15, 2014

Week 75 - Florence, SC - 12/15/14

Hey y'all!
So much has happened this past week that I don't even know where to start! I guess the best place to start is the beginning.
Sister Davis and I went to transfers last Tuesday to get our new companion and to drop Sister Dougherty off since she was going home. And here's the crazy news, Sister Gardner is our new companion! For those who don't remember, I trained Sister Gardner last year in Boiling Springs! Yeah. I'm in shock still! It's been great to be back with her and interesting to see how much our teaching styles have changed since she got out of training.
We have been so blessed in Florence by meeting a lot of people who are legitimately interested in the message of the Restoration whereas some people say that we can come in just to be nice! There was one couple in particular that we knocked into, Steve and Frankie, and it was his birthday! We sang them "Far, Far Away on Judea's Plains" for a gift and they loved it! They were so impressed that they gave us two referrals, been telling everyone about us through conversation and Facebook and they even came to church! Total miracle! They said they'd come next Sunday because we're taking part in the Christmas program in Sacrament. Yes! That's why we don't hide our talents under a bushel! Haha.
We've even had a lot of success with sharing the "He is the Gift" video with everyone! It has softened so many people's hearts! I know that this video was inspired by the Church to help others want to learn more about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ! #ShareTheGift with everyone!
For the moment that y'all have been waiting for, JOHN WAS BAPTIZED! I was so happy that President Turner allowed me and my companions to go back to Marion for it! It was amazing to see all of the changes that he has made to be able to be baptized into Christ's true church. Even from the week that I didn't get to see him, he looked changed (for the better, of course)! He was smiling so much and there was just this glow about him. And this Saturday, Faye will be baptized by John! It's going to be a special baptism, I'll tell you that! I just love those two so much! They are going to be a great asset to the Church!
That's about it for this week though! My first exchange is happening on Thursday so I'll let y'all know exactly what I do as a Sister Training Leader next week after I figure it out myself! Haha. Love y'all! Have a blessed week!
- Sister Amy Christensen

With John and Faye on John's baptism day!

Way to go, John!

The new Sister Training Leaders in Florence - Sister Davis, Sister Gardner (who I trained one year ago) and Sister Christensen

Cayce Blackmon was such a great support to us in the Marion Branch and
she was my mom's lifeline!

No comments:

Post a Comment