Monday, December 8, 2014

Week 74 - Florence, SC - 12/8/14

FAMILY AND FRIENDS!
Well this has been the craziest transfer in the history of the church! But some good stuff still happened! We'll start with John and Faye! Last Monday, we went over the 15 Step program to stop smoking! They did great! They committed to every single step! As of today, they have stopped smoking for a week! John and Faye were also interviewed for baptism on Saturday and they both passed! John's on track to be baptized on the 13th and Faye will be baptized on the 20th by John! I'm so happy for them :)
Other than that, it's been real crazy. Sister Clinger and I have been struggling to recover from our injuries physically. It's hard to get to Florence from Marion every other day, especially when neither of you can drive (It's about a 40 minute drive for us to get to our doctors). Sister Clinger chose to go home to recover. I will miss her greatly. She was a great companion who taught me a lot.

As for me, they emergency transferred (which is to transfer a missionary before the regular transfers every 6 weeks) me to Florence on Saturday to be a Sister Training Leader! As a Sister Training Leader, I am responsible for all of the Sister Missionaries in the Florence area. I get to go out on exchanges with them to help them learn more and for me to learn more as well! What I'm excited about is I'm going to be in a three pack. It will be me, Sister Davis, and another Sister (we will officially find out who that is tomorrow at transfers) serving in Florence! I'm so excited to be back in the city to work!
Now I say I'm excited to be in the city, but don't get me wrong, leaving Marion was harder than I thought it would be... especially leaving John and Faye right before their baptisms... Luckily, President Turner told me that basically if I could find a way to get there, I could go! Yay!
Cody, my brother, talked a bit about the "He is the Gift" initiative that the Church has put out in his last email. Now that video is so cool! It's fun to share in the South because it's all based off of John 3:16, which is everyone's favorite scripture here. We watched it yesterday in Relief Society and something stood out to me. It says in the video "For God so loved the world... And so loved you!" I thought about that and had this thought: "For God so loved Sister Christensen that He gave His Only Begotten Son." God loves each one of us so much that He sent His son, Jesus Christ to the earth. Jesus Christ didn't just come for the world in general but He came for us as individuals. It's reassuring in this point in my life where it's a constant battle to get better so I can go out and work but Christ knows all that I have, will, and am going through. That is something that I'm eternally grateful for.

If you haven't seen the "He is the Gift" video, go to 
christmas.mormon.org. If you have, share it with your friends, family, co-workers, etc. Share it online with #ShareTheGift! Help us flood the earth with this 2 1/2 minute video entirely based on Jesus Christ! I can promise you that it will help strengthen your testimony of Him and the testimony of others. So do it!
Well that's it! Thanks for all the support! As for the letters, keep 'em coming! Even though I can type with two hands, it's still easier for me to write than to type! I love y'all! Have a blessed week!
- Sister Amy Christensen


#CrippProbz

From casts to splints! Boo yah!

Me and my physical therapist, Cathy. She's the best!


Sister Clinger and I in front of our tiny house in Marion for the last time...
Us with Elder Smith and Elder Speck before Sister Clinger and I left Marion. This would be an excellent Christmas card.

Us with the Schallers, the senior couple who has been taking great care of us in Marion


And last but certainly not least, us with John and Faye for the last time. So many tears in that visit...so many tears.
(Hi John - from Sister Christensen's mom!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment