Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Week 70 - Latta, SC - 11/10/14

Family and Friends!

This past week has been quite the interesting week! Not a whole love has happened that was super eventful unfortunately. But I'll tell you what Sister Clinger and I have been working on.

The Marion Sisters area is a wreck. When I came in to the area, we had 700+ potential investigators and 200+ former investigators. Not ok. Especially since a lot of them really weren't interested or they weren't really what I'd consider to be formers. We have been visiting every single potential and former in our book and taking them down if they aren't really interested (which a lot of them haven't been). It's been a huge project but it's been worthwhile. Through it we've been able to find even more potentials who are actually interested in learning about this message. No complaints.

Well we've still been working with John and Faye. Faye is amazing! She committed to go a whole day without coffee or cigarettes. Unfortunately the day got stressful so she ended up smoking but she went a day without coffee! We were so proud of her! Hopefully she continues to go without coffee and works on going without cigarettes! But both John and Faye made it to church yesterday! *Cue victory dance* They loved it! Faye said she's going to try to get work off next week so that she can come again! Yay! Things are looking up!

I think yesterday was an excellent day to come to church too because it was the Primary Program! Oh my goodness! It was amazing! I think what amazes me the most is how simple but true the songs are. My favorite song was "The Family is of God." It was pretty much The Family Proclamation in song form! It was amazing! The Spirit was so strong! I just pray that the less-actives and investigators who were there were able to feel that Spirit and want to come back!

Something that I've been learning a lot this week is how I need to rely more on the Spirit and not on my own knowledge. I've been working on "getting out of the way" so that the Spirit can testify to the people the truth of this message. It's not about me or Sister Clinger but about our Savior's teachings. How can they feel that way if I don't make it about that, you know? I was reading in Alma 21 today and I read verses 16 and 17. It says "And they went forth whithersoever they were led by the Spirit of the Lord, preaching the word of God in every synagogue of the Amalekites, or in every assembly of the Lamanites where they could be admitted. 

"And it came to pass that the Lord began to bless them, insomuch that they brought many to the knowledge of the truth; yea, they did convince many of their sins, and of the traditions of their fathers, which were not correct."

I know that as we pay attention to the Spirit and rely on it more fully, we will be placed exactly where God needs us to be and we will be able to bring even more souls unto Christ!

That's it for this week! Thank you for all your support and love! I appreciate all y'all do for me! Just keep on writing :) Love y'all! Have a blessed week!

- Sister Amy Christensen


This is what we look like when we see an empty mail box. Just throwing that out there.

You Only Mission Once. Apparently that statement terrifies Sister Clinger.
Rocking our Walmart jackets. #WhatItIs







No comments:

Post a Comment