Monday, November 3, 2014

Week 69 - Latta, SC - 11/3/14

Hello everyone :)

How's it all going? I feel like there's always so much to say but too little time to email... so "let's get down to the nitty gritty!"

Sister Parker and I had to get to Irmo on Tuesday for the Training meeting so that we could meet the trainees and go out to work with them for a little bit. But here's where it gets weird.  After we went out to work, guess who we ended up staying with for the night? The West Columbia Sisters! I stayed in my old apartment with my old companion, Sister Johnson and her trainee. I even worked in their area with them. It was so hard for me to go to those lessons because we saw people that I worked with when I was there.  It was kind of a throwback for me. Throwback Tuesday. It's a thing now.

Then if that wasn't weird enough, at transfers, I saw everyone and their dog - Sister Dent (MTC comp), Sister Gardner (Boiling Springs comp), Elder Bateman (who's from my home stake) and Elder Tonga (Boiling Springs Zone Leader) came to visit! So crazy.

But to get the suspense done and over with, my new companion is Sister Clinger! She's from Bountiful, Utah. She's 19 years old... just like all of my other companions. Haha. She's been doing great so far in this area. She'll be good for me because she's pretty opposite of what Sister Parker's teaching style. I think that she will be able to help some of my weaknesses in my teaching become strengths.

Halloween was pretty good! No complaints. We didn't have much to do that day since we do our Weekly Planning that day and then we were on "lock down" that night. So what did we do? Some much needed updating and we baked cookies. Yup. We're living life on the edge. But we did enjoy our candy from the package that y'all sent me! Thank you :)

Church yesterday was amazing! We were lucky enough to have Melissa come again and John come to his first sacrament meeting! Unfortunately Faye couldn't make it due to work. But John said it was "interesting" and that he liked it! Wahoo! Not only that, but one of our less-actives, Sister M came to sacrament meeting for the first time since I've been here! It was amazing! We're hoping that this past Sunday will lead to lasting conversions for all of them!

Well everything's going well! We're just doing a lot of "cleaning up" with our potentials and formers. We have far too many! Good things are going to happen these next two transfers. I can feel it in my bones. Thanks for all of your love and support! Remember that I still love getting mail regardless of how much time I have left ;) Love y'all! Have a blessed week!

- Sister Amy Christensen


Oh! P.S. I was told yesterday that it sounds like I've been in the South for a while now! Mostly because of instead of saying "y'all" like it's spelled, I say "yaw" like a true Southerner. Score!

My posterity! Me, my daughter Sister Johnson and granddaughter Sister Strom.

The other part of my posterity!  My other two daughters, Sister Gardner and Sister Clinger.

Gas prices at $2.67? Say what?! That's the lowest I've seen it in a long time! Had to take a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment