Monday, September 29, 2014

Week 64 - Latta, SC - 9/29/14

Hey y'all!

How's everything going? I'm just going to forewarn you, it wasn't all too eventful of a week...but it was still a great week, nonetheless!

First off, we had exchanges on Tuesday and Wednesday! I left went to Florence with Sister Dougherty this transfer! It was way neat! I forgot what it was like to work in a ward and to work in a city! I've missed seeing sidewalks and street lamps! Hahah. I learned a lot especially about what we can do to help the area out. The Florence ward has been booming with baptisms so I asked what the big secret is... And I found out. They go out and find the people who are ready for the gospel and they particularly focus on finding families to teach instead of just single people. That's definitely something that we can improve on.

To go along with that, we've been cleaning out our area book. In Marion especially, people move houses and change numbers like it's going out of style so we've been visiting with formers and potentials to see if they are truly interested in our message. That way we're able to separate the wheat from the tare because ain't nobody (Yup. I'm using Southern slang now) want to harvest tares when they could harvest wheat! It's going to take us some time but Sister Parker and I are bound and determined to leave the area better than when we found it.

The General Women's Broadcast on Saturday was fantastic! One of the things that I love about Conference time is that I know that everyone around the world can hear this message from my family in Utah to me in South Carolina to Cody in England! It's just a neat way that we can all connect! I definitely felt that connection on Saturday! Also Stacee was there with us and I felt like every message was meant just for her! It was amazing!

One thing that Sister Parker and I have decided to do, which was inspired by the General Women's Broadcast is to memorize "The Living Christ" by Christmas time! As I was reading through it yesterday, I saw a scripture that I haven't seen for a while. In D&C 76:22, the Prophet Joseph Smith says "And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!" I love that it's as simple as that! I know that Christ lives! He is the head of our church and we have a prophet on the earth today, President Monson who is literally His mouth piece. We are so blessed for this opportunity we have to listen to our prophet's voice this weekend!

With conference coming up, I would like to invite all y'all to think of a few questions that you'd like to have answered and write them down. As you go into this conference weekend, pay close attention to the Spirit and I know that the Spirit will help you answer these questions.

Well that's it for this week! I love y'all! Have a blessed week and a wonderful time watching General Conference :)


- Sister Amy Christensen

Nothing like ending the night with hot chocolate and oatmeal cream pies :)

First off, thanks for the new journal, Mom and Dad! Second off, this was when I finally got caught up in my journal after at least 6 months! Woot, woot, double woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment