Monday, September 22, 2014

Week 63 - Latta, SC - 9/22/14

Hello Family and Friends :)

First off, I'd just like to say "Happy Fall, Y'all!" It's the first day of Fall and it sure feels like it! It's been in the high 70's and we're happy about that! So much better than the high 90's we were having a few weeks ago!

We've met with J a few times this week and he has been awesome! The spirit was so strong in the Restoration! The new senior couple, the Johnston’s, came with us and even they were amazed by the spirit there. Then we taught the Plan of Salvation and that went well too! He has a lot of deep questions about it! Hopefully he'll find his answers as he reads the Book of Mormon. We've invited him to be baptized but he says that he won't commit until he finishes the Book of Mormon. Totally respectable. On Friday, he told us he's on Alma 33!

This week, S decided to go cold turkey from some past addictions. This has been a huge step for her so we've been making sure to go over nearly every day to help her out. Most of the days, we were just reading scriptures with her but one day, she let us help her clean up her house! We were so excited to do some service! We don't get to do that much so it was great :)

Church was great yesterday! First off, Sister Parker and I got to speak together... literally. The 1st counselor of the branch presidency asked us to teach the Plan of Salvation to the congregation. It was kind of weird... But it went really well! We were pleased with how it went! I also don't know if I've told y'all this but Brother J has been passing the sacrament these past few weeks! Then R blessed the sacrament for the first time yesterday! It makes a missionary proud to see those things happen!

This week has been kind of an odd week... I've been chased by more crazy dogs and had more people try to "bible bash" us this week than probably my entire mission! I won't lie, it been a little hard to handle (especially out running the dogs! Ha ha). But it's reminded me of a quote in Preach My Gospel, "Every man eventually is backed up to the wall of faith, and there he must make his stand." Throughout my mission, I've realized that we aren't here to bash but to help people come to know the truth of this message. As I boldly make my stand, without being overbearing or contentious, it's made my testimony even stronger! It's been a very eye opening experience for me!

Well that's it for this week! I hope y'all have a blessed week! Love y'all :)

- Sister Amy Christensen

Me and Sister Parker with Sis. Phyliss Blackmon from the Marion Branch

Me with my food from Little Tokyo! Notice the chopsticks! Totally ate with them!

Yes . . . yes, He does!



No comments:

Post a Comment