Monday, October 6, 2014

Week 65 - Latta, SC - October 6, 2014

In the words of Elder Christofferson, "Muy buenos dias!'

Got a lot of stuff to tell you this week and not a lot of time... So forgive me for cutting to the chase :)

First of all, Brother Josh was interviewed this week for the Melchizedek Priesthood by President Cabaniss! Wahoo! He's on track to getting the Melchizedek Priesthood by the end of the month at Stake Conference! We're excited for him!

We have been seeing this lady, Jenny. She's what we call a "church hopper" but she was very interested in coming to our church. We've left her a few sticky notes and she had them laying around her house. We went over last Monday and she said "I'm going to find your church tomorrow and put one of these sticky notes on there so you know I found it." Well we went over on Wednesday for branch coordination and we found the note! She actually did what she told us! We didn't believe it happened! Ha ha. We were pumped!

Then remember John, the guy who read half of the Book of Mormon? He called us last Wednesday! We got a voicemail from an unknown number so we listened to it and he said "This is John!" We were so excited! We thought we'd lost him! But we saw him yesterday right before Conference with President Cabaniss to teach him the first part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ! It went pretty well! It went kind of long but that's because John has a lot of questions! I'm ok with that. He's just looking for the truth!

Also while the Elders were in the Priesthood session, they allowed us to go see our old investigator, Cherrie who moved into their area. I guess Saturday evening was the only night that she and her fiancé could meet with them so they let us go! Unfortunately, she couldn't talk for long but she was excited to see us! She told us that she would come to church if she got a ride... Needless to say, we got a ride for the Elders' investigator and she came! She loved it and said she was going to come back next week! Wahoo!

Anyway, on to Conference! Wasn't that amazing?! You know how I've been coming up with questions each Conference I've been out? Well I took these questions to heart this time around. I prayed and studied about which questions to ask rather than just having questions come to mind. Some of the questions were very unique and I was worried that they wouldn't be answered... But all 6 of my questions were answered! Even questions I didn't know I had were answered! Only the Spirit can do that! It's hard to pick a favorite though... They were all fantastic! I did love the talks by Elder Godoy, Elder Ballard, Elder Bednar, President Uchtdorf and President Monson however! They were great! To top that off, both John and Jenny came to the Sunday Morning session of Conference and Jenny even brought her cousin! It was fantastic! John thought it was interesting and Jenny and her cousin, Kim said that they were coming back next week! Perfect way to end the weekend!

I will say this though. I have thoroughly enjoyed my Conferences as a missionary. I feel like I've received a lot of insight and guidance for myself. I hope that I will continue to seek to have this same guidance as I continue on throughout my life!

Well that's it for this week! I hope y'all look over your Conference notes and see what you can apply better to your lives! I know that we have a living prophet on the earth today! He can give us the guidance we need for our lives and we will be blessed as we follow him! I love y'all! Have a blessed week!

- Sister Amy Christensen

Jenny was here!

Sad that Conference is over . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment