Monday, August 4, 2014

Week 56 - Latta, SC - 8/4/14



My dear family and friends!

It's strange how fast weeks go when you're on a mission. It seems like I was just emailing y'all just yesterday! But I won't even complain about that!

This whole week, I feel like I've been working on a farm because the Weatherford’s (who are members in our ward and they do so much for us) went out of town and they asked us to take care of their dogs, water some of their crops and pick okra from them. It was a lot of fun but we woke up early every morning and ran to their house (which is about half a mile away) to do all of it so we wouldn't take time out of our proselyting. I realized that I still hate running... But I did it anyway because we love them and they already do so much for us! Luckily we don't have to do that again.

We've still been working with Brother Josh. We just finished teaching him lesson 4 yesterday and reviewed the baptismal interview questions with him! He's doing great! We still have lesson 5 to go over with him since the First Presidency has made that change in our missionary teaching a little over a month ago. But he's still solid and ready to be baptized on August 16th. He's definitely the fastest person I've ever taught! He's just elect! Please continue to keep him in your prayers!

So this week, our branch president called us and told us that there was a recent convert who just moved into our area. He is this Asian guy named William. The address he gave us was for the Japanese restaurant in town. We figured we'd give it a try and see if William was there. When we walked in, the guy taking orders saw our name tags and was like "Oh! I'm member!" He has a really strong accent but he's the sweetest guy! We love him already! He's been a member for about two months and hasn't received the priesthood yet. We're definitely going to be working with him on that!

Well we got transfer calls on Saturday night and *drum roll please* neither of us are being transferred! Wahoo! We'll be in Marion together for the next 6 weeks! Crazy how fast those 6 weeks went by! It might have been the fastest transfer of my mission! Well four more transfers to go!

Before I go, I wanted to share with y'all something that I learned in my personal study yesterday. I was reading in Alma 62 and I loved verse 4. It was talking about Moroni and how he "did raise the standard of liberty in whatsoever place he did enter." I know that applies to us today. While we are out in the world, we can live our lives in a way where our "standard of liberty" is raised anywhere we go! I know that as we live the way our Heavenly Father wants us to, people will want to know Him through the way we live!

Anyway, I've got to get going! I love y'all! Have a blessed week!

- Sister Amy Christensen

Nothing finer than celebrating Harry Potter's birthday with some ice cream!

Me with Sister Jackson. She's a 96 year old lady in our branch and still kicking!

No comments:

Post a Comment