Monday, July 28, 2014

Week 55 - Latta, SC - 7/28/14



Good Morning from Latta, South Carolina! It's been quite the eventful week so let's get down to the nitty gritty!

Well I went exchanges this week with one of our Sister Training Leaders, Sister Wood! We stayed in Marion and it was a really... odd exchange. Because the Sister Training Leaders have bed bugs in their apartment, we weren't allowed to do a 24 hour exchange - we did a 6 hour exchange instead! It was extremely short! But it was a good one nonetheless.

Speaking of bed bugs, I definitely didn't even know they actually existed until I was in the South. They bite a lot and they aren't pretty bites! Pray that I don't get eaten alive by them! :) Hahah.

This past week was Pioneer Day! I'm so grateful for the pioneers that made the trek from Illinois to the great Salt Lake! I read a talk by President Uchtdorf called "All Is Well" on Pioneer Day! It made me realized how blessed I am because of their sacrifice! Also I realized a year ago on Pioneer Day, I was opening up the Boiling Springs area for sisters. I'm kind of a modern day pioneer. No big deal ;)

Ok. I need to tell you about Brother J. He is the most elect person, probably in the history! Since I last talked to y'all about him, we've taught him the Plan of Salvation, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Word of Wisdom, the Ten Commandments, and Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy. And he came to church yesterday! He loves everything! He's still really set on his baptismal date for August 16th! Please pray for him though because he's living with his mom who is kind of anti. He needs all the prayers he can get!

So I have a funny story for you! I've found that I sleep talk a lot on the mission. A few nights ago, Sister Parker said that I was talking in my sleep and I said "Please turn to page 529 of Preach My Gospel!" On page 529 of the Book of Mormon is Moroni's promise so I guess I was mixing that up in my dream or something. Whenever we read Moroni's promise with an investigator now, we just both look at each other and start laughing! It's a good time!

Now I'll leave you with a cool thought. President Spencer W. Kimball said "Make no small plans, they have no magic to stir mans’ souls. This is the vision I have for the South. I believe one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together. There are hosts of marvelous Baptists, members of the Church of Christ, Methodists, and Catholics, who are honorable people and have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and love him. As they see their church veering off to the right or the left of those basic teachings, they will begin to search for truth. And as pivotal teachers come into the church and have influence, we will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, and thousands, tens-of-thousands, in your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be Temples plural in the South State. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people." Pretty neat, huh? You can definitely expect good things to come from the South!

Anyway, I've got to get going! I love y'all! Write me! Have a blessed week :)

- Sister Amy Christensen


Selfie of Sister Parker and I at the Little Pee Dee State Park for our Branch's Pioneer Day activity.
Definitely had to pump the car tire up! Thanks Dad for teaching me how to do it!

Sister Parker and I finally had some boiled peanuts since the Weatherford's gave them to us! They're actually not too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment