Monday, May 5, 2014

Week 43 - West Columbia, SC - 5/5/14


Hola Familia y Amigos!

Feliz Cinco de Mayo! That's all the Spanish I have for today. But seriously! Happy Cinco de Mayo! I'm going to go out and get some taquitos to celebrate!

This week has been a really good week! First things first, Sam got interviewed to be baptized! He's good to go on Saturday! Please just keep him in your prayers that he will stay solid! He's overcome a lot of trials to get to this point. He's been a great example to me about staying firm in the faith though. We are way excited for his baptism and so is the ward! He's one of the most fellowshipped investigators I've ever had. We've had like 6 different people in his home and everyone is so welcoming to him at church. I know that this Saturday is going to be a good day!

So last Monday, we got an email from the APs saying that there was a recall on Chevy Cruzes and that we needed to go into a Chevy dealership ASAP. Well we did... twice. The first time the guy was like "It will be 2 to 3 hours before we can get it checked." So we set up another appointment to come back, but it still took 2 hours before it got checked with the appointment. At least it was a nice dealership. I mean they had mouthwash in the bathrooms. That's pretty fancy! We also got free cookies and we sat in massage chairs during the 2 1/2 hours we were there so I can't really complain too much.

We had the best ZTM (Zone Training Meeting) ever on Friday. It was about maintaining a positive attitude, how we can hit our goals for baptism and the importance of promising blessings. I don't think I've ever laughed so much. There was such a positive Spirit in that room. They also placed an emphasis on actually applying the trainings to our missionary work. I'm pretty sure everyone took that seriously because there were like seven people that were put on date in our zone. One of the people that was put on date was one of our investigators, Doranna.

We've been working with Doranna a little bit but she's been hard to get a hold of lately. We decided to stop by after ZTM and she was actually home! We asked her if she read the introduction to the Book of Mormon (our last commitment to her) and she said "Yes! I'm up to the second chapter… you know how there's one and then there's two?" We were confused but later found out that she was in 2 Nephi! Wut. I couldn't believe it! She loves the book so much that she can't put it down! We had a quick lesson with her on the Restoration and put her back on date for May 31st. She's excited! We're excited! It was a good day to say the least!

Well that's all the excitement for this week! This is the last week of the transfer! I'm pretty sure Sister Johnson and I will still be together since we're only half way through her training... but who knows! Anyway I hope y'all have a blessed week! Love you!

- Sister Amy Christensen

Mouthwash in the fancy Chevy Dealership.

These were my big projects this week! I made scripture cases for my proselyting Book of Mormon and one for my quad. I know, I'm a cool kid.

Sister Johnson and I may or may not have an otter pop obsession...




No comments:

Post a Comment