Monday, April 28, 2014

Week 42 - West Columbia, SC - 4/28/14



Good morning from West Columbia! This has been quite the week. Well kind of. Nothing huge happened... But a lot of great little things did! It was like what I was talking to Dad about earlier. In 1 Nephi 16, Nephi says "And thus we see that by small means the Lord can bring about great things." Totally read that in the scriptures this morning. That's scripture application at its finest, folks!

Blessing #1: We had 6 member presents this week. Well 4 of them were with investigators and 2 were with less-actives/recent converts. That's the most I've ever had! We have some great members in the ward that were willing to drop everything to come with us. It was awesome!

Blessing #2: Sam is still on date! We taught him about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Sabbath day and Tithing this week. He's just soaking it all in! We're very excited for him to be baptized on May 10th!

Blessing #3: We taught this lady, Linay about the Restoration this week. When we asked her to kneel down and pray with us about Joseph Smith, she said "Oh... I already believe he's a prophet! But I'll kneel down and thank God that I believe he's a prophet!" Wut. I've never had that response before. Needless to say, we're going to be working with her a lot!

Blessing #4: We met this lady as we were knocking and she told us about her affiliation with the church. Her parents and siblings are members but she is not. She didn't want much to do with the church but somehow she told us about how she remembers when some elders gave her a priesthood blessing after she had severe burns and had to get skin graft surgery. I took that time to tell her about how I too have a skin graft experience and relayed to her how that experience can make us stronger people (Ether 12:27). She's willing to let us come back and share a message with her now. I'm not saying that it's all because of me that happened. But I know the Lord placed me in the right place at the right time to share my personal experiences.

Blessing #5: We had a ton of people at church yesterday! Like a member of the bishopric counted and we had 155 people there! That may not sound like a lot but for here, it is! We even had a less-active there, Sister Demasi who hasn't come to church since I've been here. It was awesome! Everyone loved the turn out we had! I mean, we didn't even have that many people at church on Easter. I was just thrilled!

That's basically the five major things that happened this week. It was a pretty good week if I may say so myself! I'm looking forward to another really good week this week! I love y'all! Have a blessed week!

- Sister Amy Christensen

The napkins we got from Moe's told us to make art out of them. So Sister Johnson taught me how to make it into a heart. #WelcomeToMoes (It said to hashtag that on the napkin so that's why I did that.)

We show up to Tanya's to teach her and we were wearing matching shirts! We're pretty much some cool kids, right?




No comments:

Post a Comment