Monday, November 4, 2013

Week 17 - Inman/Boiling Springs, SC - 11/4/13



Greetings family and friends! This week hasn't been super eventful but I feel like it's definitely been a turning point in my mission thus far. I've gained a lot of new insight on how to be a missionary and how to get my investigators progressing, all thanks to family, friends and leadership in my ward here. I'm excited to get things going especially since this month's theme is "November to Remember." Sister Gardner and I are working hard to make sure that we see miracles so we can have a November to Remember. I'm super excited to see how things progress.

Speaking of progress, we got to see our investigator, D this week. D is the man! We finally got to teach him about the Restoration which was good. We would have taught him it sooner but he just has so many questions. One of his questions was about prophets this week so we taught him that and he's having a hard time accepting that Joseph Smith actually saw the face of God. Any suggestions on how to go about helping him with that? I have bore my testimony about it and I think we'll get a member present next time so he's hearing it from someone else besides us, you know? It will be good for him. I think once he gets past that obstacle, he will get baptized. He's pretty much the best.

So my ward had a Trunk or Treat this week. Sister Gardner and I were cool kids and actually decorated our trunk and gave out candy (Taped to pass along cards of course! #MissionaryStyle). We were basically the coolest especially since our Elders and the Spanish Elders didn't dress up.

Halloween was alright. It was kind of boring because we did our weekly planning and then we were on lock down and had to be in the house at 7 pm. So it really wasn't super eventful.

Guess what? We found out on Friday that we get to go to the temple this month! I'M SO FLIPPING EXCITED! It has been nearly 4 1/2 months since I've been and I haven't even been able to see the new video yet... But President Holm is allowing us to go so we're able to see it. I'm so excited that it's ridiculous! I'll keep you updated on that.

Well other than that, we're doing a mini mission for the stake this Saturday where I will be taking a Laurel from the ward out for a typical day as a missionary from 8:30 am to 9:30 pm. I'm super excited! I wish that I had an experience like this before I came out on the mission! I think that would have been such a great opportunity. I'm excited to be apart of this experience though!

That's all for this week! Y'all take care and have a blessed week!

- Sister Amy Christensen

SC is finally in the Fall stage!


Sis Gardner and I dressed up as Missionary Cowgirls with our trunk at the Trunk or Treat.


Hallelujah-Ween... That's my Hallelujah pose by the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment