Monday, November 11, 2013

Week 18 - Inman/Boiling Springs, SC - 11/11/13



These weeks just keep going by faster and faster. I almost want time to slow down but at the same time, you know you're doing something right when the time goes by so quickly!

This week has been an interesting one for sure. I got my first bashing. Hahaha. It's true! Well I guess I didn't bash. I always tell Sister Gardner that people can think that we're a cult, they can think we're crazy but we will not allow them to think we're rude. So we just took it. He called us Joseph Smith-ites... It's actually kind of funny now that I look back at it. The poor guy.

Sister Gardner and I had two kick butt member present lessons this last week! One was with D at the Kitchens' home where we talked more about how we can have prophets on the earth today and they we watched "The Restoration." During the movie, D actually leaned over to me and said "I'm getting closer to the rod of correctness, aren't I?" I don't really know what that's supposed to mean. If he means the truth, then yes. Yes he is. I just sat there and smiled at him. He's so going to get baptized one of these days! I'm pumped!

Then there was another lesson with this lady, L. She is so cool! The reason she let us in the door the first time is basically because she wanted to know if we were a cult. The last time we went over, we gave L 3 Nephi 11 to read. I guess she had some questions about baptism so she went on the lds.org website and started researching in between our visits. I thought that was awesome! We came back with a ward missionary, Sister Andersen and taught the Restoration. The lesson went extremely well but right now, L still wants to study more about it. I'm ok with that! We'll be going back next week and I'm pumped to teach her the Plan of Salvation especially since she's had some deaths in the family recently.

On Saturday, I took Abbie, a Laurel from our ward, out on a "mini mission." Where she was with us from 8:30 am to 9:30 pm to experience what a mission was really like. I think it was definitely an eye opening experience for her. I mean we just did a bunch of knocking really. We did get into a house to teach a lesson though! We taught the Restoration to an Evangelical Athiest... Yeah. I don't know what that is either. I asked the guy what he believed and he never really answered me. But I guess his wife met with missionaries before and she had a Book of Mormon. I asked her how her experience with her was and she said it was very positive. That's good right? I think she only met with them because she's a religion major... But we're going to drop by and see them again one of these days.

Get this... ELDER BEDNAR IS SPEAKING TO OUR MISSION ON SATURDAY! *Cue Victory Dance* Oh yeah! I'm so excited because he is my favorite apostle! I'm so pumped! I'll be sure to let y'all know how that goes!

Well that's all for this week! Have a blessed week! I love y'all!

- Sister Amy Christensen


Sister Gardner, Sariah (we still don't know her last name), Abbie and I during the mini-mission!

Me and my companion for the day, Abbie!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment