Monday, November 18, 2013

Week 19 - Inman/Boiling Springs - 11/18/13



Oh my goodness. What a crazy week! I mean it was a great week because Elder Bednar was here in my mission and the weather has been so nice! It's 68 degrees right now! But I feel like a lot of things did not go as planned. It was kind of hard on both me and Sister Gardner so we're very grateful to have a new week and start with a clean slate!

Since not a whole lot of awesomeness happened this week, let me just tell you about Elder Bednar. First off... On Tuesday, President Holm called us. It was a little scary! I had no clue why he was calling. But I answered anyway. He called to see if I could lead music for the conference. Of course I said yes!

On Saturday, we didn't have time to really do anything since the conference was in West Columbia. That's basically a 2 1/2 hour drive from where we're at and we needed to be at the building by 4:45 pm. So we left around like 1:30 and started driving. I haven't made a drive like that since I was going to Snow! It was kind of nice to go on a road trip of sorts again!

Anyway, we got to the building and got all 230ish of us missionaries all set up for a picture with Elder Bednar! It was awesome! I got a picture with my favorite apostle! Look for it on Facebook! I'm sure it will be up on the mission page shortly. I'm in the front row wearing a raspberry shirt and a black and white scarf :) Pretty sure that made my life.

So we went back into the chapel and we had a three hour discussion about how we can get our investigators to learn by the Spirit. It was probably the coolest experience ever! I think it was especially cool because I really was not expecting it to be a discussion. I was more or less expecting a three hour lecture. But instead, we'd ask him questions and he wouldn't even answer the questions! Instead he'd ask us back questions and we'd receive the answer for ourselves. I realized that that is the pattern I need to be using for my investigators. I've been giving them easy answers to hard questions but instead I need to let them think for themselves. Then after the meeting, we got to shake his hand. That was seriously the coolest thing ever. Elder Bednar is still my favorite apostle. He has changed my whole mission and my life, that's for sure!

Other than that, life is going pretty well! I'm grateful for this time to be a missionary! I get a lot of encouragement from my family, my friends and the ward I'm currently serving in! It's kind of the best! I'm very blessed! Oh by the way... We're totally getting mini iPads before the New Year! It's a good time to be a missionary!

Have a blessed week :) Love y'all!

- Sister Amy Christensen

 

Me and Sister Stout on exchanges! (I came out with her so we're pretty good friends!)

Sister Gardner and I on our way to see Elder Bednar!

No comments:

Post a Comment