Monday, October 21, 2013

Week 15 - Inman/Boiling Springs, SC - 10/21/13



Greetings :) Long time, no see! I had a lot happen to me this week and I'm so excited to tell y'all all about it!

First off, I'm training! It's so awesome to be senior companion! Mostly because I get to drive... That's pretty much the bomb. I didn't realize how much I missed driving until I started driving last Wednesday. But on to the more important stuff! My new companion is (Drum roll please!) Sister Kalee Gardner from Snowflake, AZ! She's 19 years old and just finished high school this past year so that's kind of crazy especially since I just graduated college! Supposedly we're Facebook friends? That's what Sis Gardner claims. She said that I added her from the "Many Are Called... Few Are Sisters" page so I could add her to the South Carolina Sister Missionary Page. I have no recollection of this fact but I guess I'll take her word for it. I'm very excited to work with her though! I think that I'll be able to learn a ton from her even though I'm the trainer! I really think that we'll finally be able to make a difference here in Boiling Springs!

We've been doing a ton of finding lately just because all of our investigators haven't been progressing, which is unfortunate. Speaking of investigators I need to tell you this story! Yesterday we went to go visit the C family and they didn't answer the door but I saw their kids were next door playing with some kids who are in our ward! I went over there and just talked with them and  N, their 8 year old daughter, came running out of the house to us. She said "I was wondering if you two wanted to come to my birthday party on Saturday?" How adorable is that? We'll definitely make an appearance! I just thought it was the cutest thing ever! Gotta love the C kids!

Other than that, we had stake conference this weekend which was THE BEST! I don't know if y'all have had stake conference yet but our stake president read what the First Presidency asked that the Saturday night session's topic be about missionary work. So for the first time, we had all 39 missionaries in our stake attend a stake conference together! It was so cool! It echoed the words of our prophet and apostles from this last conference about how important the members are in missionary work! Oh my yes! It was so awesome! It was the best spiritual energizer ever! And then Sunday's session was just as good as well! It was a lot focused on hastening the work! I loved it!

Right now is the best time to be a missionary! I'm so grateful for this opportunity to serve! I know that especially with this last conference and this last stake conference, I would have regretted not serving a mission. I'm needed to help the Lord hasten this great work of His. I'm so excited to be apart of all this excitement!

Before I end my letter, I want to re-issue a challenge that Elder Ballard gave this past conference to anyone who reads this email! He said "We are simply asking all members to pray, knowing that if every member, young and old, will reach out to just 'one' between now and Christmas, millions will feel the love of the Lord Jesus Christ. And what a wonderful gift to the Savior." What I love about this is Elder Ballard didn't say "Go and teach anyone in sight!" He just asks that we reach out to them to help them feel the love of our Savior! I know that opportunities for you to do this will come if you pray for them and our Heavenly Father will bless you for hastening the work! I love y'all! I'll talk to you next week!

- Sister Amy Christensen

Me by the Inman sign! My home for the past 3 months :)




Me and Sister Gardner. We're pretty good looking people, eh?



No comments:

Post a Comment