Monday, October 14, 2013

Week 14 - Inman/Boiling Springs, SC - 10/14/13

I'm sure y'all are dying to know who's staying in Boiling Springs, aren't you? Well... I'll save that for the very end! I gotta keep the suspense going!
Did you know that people here say "boil" like "bowl" so people will say "Bowling" Springs or "Go 'bowl' some water!" ... Weird.

So not a whole lot happened this week! We did a lot of tracting this week since all of our investigators are kind of not progressing... We got to meet a bunch of new people and got a ton of lessons! In fact, this week was the first week that Sister Craig and I talked to 100+ people about the church and had 20 lessons which is what our mission goal is for every week! Not too shabby, eh?

But Saturday was probably the most eventful day! We found out who's getting transferred and it was our ward fall festival! Sister Craig and I came up with the idea and were in charge of the "Tie a Doughnut to a String on a Pole and See Who Can Eat The Doughnut The Fastest Without Using Their Hands" game. I don't know if that game actually has a name... Anyway, it was actually a hit once people understood what the point of the game was. We even got our bishopric involved in the game which was kind of hilarious.

I really don't have much else to tell you... So it looks like the suspense is going to end. This week we got the transfers call and................................ I'M STAYING IN BOILING SPRINGS! Woo hoo! But not only that! Oh! There's more! President Holm called and............. I'M GOING TO BE TRAINING A NEW SISTER! Oh my gosh. I'm kind of freaking out here. I literally just finished my training yesterday. Literally. Now I'm picking up my new companion on Wednesday and I'm expected to train her now. This is some crazy stuff.

This upcoming week should be pretty eventful! Tomorrow, Sister Craig and I leave for Irmo so I can basically be trained on how to be a trainer. I don't know if you remember me talking about this when I first got to SC, but the new missionaries are here for about 2 1/2 days before they get to work. They get in today and tomorrow, I get to go out and start knocking some doors with one of the sisters for about an hour or two so they can get the hang of things. So that's what I'm going to be doing the next few days! Hopefully all will go well! I'll definitely let you know how my new companion is next week!

That's all I have for you this week! Sorry it was kind of an uneventful week but such is life. Oh well. I hope all is going well! Love you!

- Sister Amy Christensen
Bro. & Sis. Kitchen threw a "1/2 birthday" party for me and Sis. Craig (see Week 11).

This is our Mission Correlation Meeting with the ward missionaries of the Boiling Springs Ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment