Monday, July 21, 2014

Week 54 - Latta, SC - 7/21/14



My dearest family and friends!

I'll tell you what - South Carolina has more rain, thunder and lightning storms than I ever imagined to be possible! We've had like 3 flash floods and at 4 this morning, Sister Parker and I woke up to our room constantly lighting up from the lightning and also from our house vibrating from the thunder. Not ok. We are some sleep deprived missionaries on this fine P-Day.

Another thing is I've never been chased by dogs while I've been a missionary... Until I came here. I've been nearly attacked by two dogs this week! I was saved our investigator, Mack for one of the times since one near attack was by his dog. Then the other one I booked it to our car and chilled in the back seat for a while. It's been crazy! I feel like I've had the real missionary experience now!

The tender mercy that happened to us this week is most definitely from a potential investigator, Brother J. When we first met him, we said we were Sister Christensen and Sister Parker and he was like "You may call me Brother J!" Ha ha. Well we didn't see him for like 2 weeks after we first met him because of conflicting schedules but when we went back on Saturday, he said "I checked out Mormon.org and I read everything! I read your Articles of Faith and I really liked those! Let me just say this... you guys are the real deal!" My jaw dropped. Usually if we don't see someone for a while like that, they don't keep their commitments or anything. But Brother J surprised us! We invited him to be baptized on August 16th and he accepted!

Yesterday we had Branch Conference and we were so excited! We were convinced that we'd have at least 14 investigators/less-actives/recent converts there because everyone was so solid when we invited them and re-committed them... We only had one show up. It killed us on the inside. Now M and R are off date (but they'll be back on date soon!) and Adrian and his family will need to come the next two Sundays in a row. We're doing a church tour with them tonight so hopefully that will help out!

Everything's going just great here in Marion! I love the branch! I love the people! I love the area! I love my companion! I love being a missionary! I hope y'all have a great week! Love you!

- Sister Amy Christensen

Chillin' with cold treats from Mickey D's!

Will the real Sister Christensen please stand up? Sister Parker forgot her tag for church yesterday and I just so happened to have another one so I let her borrow it!

The District - Me, Sister Parker, the Nolans, Elder Roetker, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment