Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Week 7 - Inman, SC - 8/26/13



So it's Monday again! I never thought I'd enjoy Mondays quite as much as I do now just because I get to email y'all! Anyway, let me tell you a little bit about my week!

This week, we got to go on exchanges with my Sister Training Leaders which was so awesome! I went out with Sister McHaley (Who is from South Jordan, Utah) and I learned so much! I got a lot of new tips on how to be the best missionary I can be which was great! It turns out that we have had some similar experiences that we've both had to go through toward the beginning of our missions so she knew exactly how I could improve. We also got to meet a lot of cool people.

That day, we tracted into this lady T right before we went out to dinner with a member! T is 26 years old and pretty much golden. We gave her a Book of Mormon and asked her to read the Introduction before Sister Craig and I would come back the next day. When we came back, she told us she read the Intro and the testimonies of Joseph Smith and the witnesses. We were very impressed so we gave her 2 Nephi 31 to read, which is all about the Doctrine of Christ. When we came back on Saturday, she read 2 Nephi 31-33 and she loved it! She said that she felt ripped off because no one has ever given her the Book of Mormon before. She also thinks that every religion should study out of it. I was just floored because all of my investigators have been struggling with keeping their commitments and here's T, who did what we asked and more! She loves what we teach and we're planning on meeting her again tomorrow. The only things we need to work on is her smoking, drinking, and living with her boyfriend... But I know that when she finds out for herself that the gospel is true, giving all of those things out will be easy for her!

Also this week was a great food week for me! I've had a lot of Southern food and I've loved it! Last Monday, some members gave us cubed steak and macaroni pie and it was the best! Then on Wednesday, we went out to eat at this seafood restaurant where I had fried flounder and hushpuppies for the first time! And where have hushpuppies been my whole life?! Seriously! They are the best! I'm going to go back to that restaurant again just so I can get those hushpuppies. Oh man. They're so good!

Well that's basically it for this week! Again it hasn't been all too eventful unfortunately... But I love being a part of this great work! It's the best! I hope y'all have a great week :)
- Sister Amy Christensen

After searching practically every gas station in our area, Sister Craig and I finally found Kazoozles! It was the best day!

Sister McHaley and I right by Lake Bowen in Campobello



No comments:

Post a Comment