Monday, June 16, 2014

Week 49 - West Columbia, SC - 6/16/14



Week 49 – June 16, 2014

Family and Friends!

It's been a pretty interesting week. We've put in a lot of hard work in and I'm grateful that I get a slight break today (I say slight because often times, P-Days are more stressful than other days for me. So much to do, so little time).

We had exchanges this week and I got to go out with my mission grandma, Sister Roundy! Sister Roundy trained Sister Craig who trained me. Thus she is my grandma! We had a lot of fun in West Cola. We were invited to contact 15 people a day at our district meeting that day and then we went out and actually contacted 15 people! We even met all of our lesson key indicators that day including member presents, other lessons and lessons taught to less-active or recent converts (LARCs). It was a miracle! I feel like these last two exchanges have built upon each other. With Sister Creager, I learned how to talk to everyone. With Sister Roundy, I learned how to talk with everyone. I'm learning how to make our approaches more friendly and more than just "Hey! We're missionaries! We want to talk to you about Christ and how much He loves you!" Not that I ever do that... but to give an example.

Then yesterday was a proud day for me as a missionary. Sam passed the sacrament for the first time and he also gave a talk about how he felt when his sons were baptized. It was a really good talk! I was just sitting there grinning. He's so awesome! I'm definitely just blessed to be working with him!

So I got on a bit later today because we just got back from the Riverbanks Zoo! We went for Sister Roundy's birthday today. This is my second time going but we got in for free this time! I guess the other sisters know someone. I'm not complaining! We saw President and Sister Holm there too! It was really neat. We got to talk to them for a minute! They are some of the neatest people and they'll be gone in a few weeks. I'm so sad about that... But it was still cool to run into them there. We went to feed the birds and right as I threw away my nectar cup and started to leave, three birds landed on me! I didn't even know what to do with myself except give my camera to Sister Johnson to take pictures. Needless to say, it's been a pretty good day.

Well, that's about it! Sister Johnson and I are finishing up the final week of her 12 Week training program this week! So that's exciting! We'll get transfer calls on Saturday which will also be exciting. Who knows what will happen, especially since I've been here for 6 months. We'll see in time though! I love y'all! I'll tell you what happens next week! Have a blessed week :)

-  Sister Amy Christensen

Me and Sister Roundy! Posterity for the win!
Happy Father's Day!
Not sure what to think about this . . . .
Me in SC with the popcorn that Pres Holm bought for us. I didn't know what to do with it except hold it... that's not the last you'll see of the popcorn. :)
Me and Sister Johnson (and the popcorn) with some lion statues.
Feeding the giraffe!
Me and the penguins!


No comments:

Post a Comment