Monday, January 19, 2015

Week 80 :( :( :( :( - Florence, SC - 1/19/15

Hey y'all!

Wow. It's the final email from me as a missionary. I can't believe the time has already come. I feel like it just flew on by... I don't even know how to react right now.

It's been a pretty good week! This week, we had another "double exchange". One was with Sister Davis and Sister Lamb in Sumter and the other was with Sister Latham from Hartsville in Florence. They both ended up being really good exchanges! I got to eat in a barn and teach a lot of recent converts in Sumter with Sister Lamb. Then Sister Latham helped make my last exchange memorable by taking me out to eat! It was super nice of her! We also did a service project for Florence. We helped put together lunches for kids who don't get food on the weekends due to various circumstances. They really loved having us there and hopefully it helped open up their hearts to hear from missionaries in the future! 

Other than that, this week has been filled with finding new investigators and less-actives. On Saturday, we spent a good part of the day in the outskirts of our area finding out if the less-actives lived there or not and if they were interested in letting us teach them. It was super productive and it helped weed out some of the people on our 40 page ward roster! This ward is huge! Haha.

And the Florence ward is just getting bigger! On Saturday, we had a baptism for John Owens and one of the sets of Elders had 3 young men get baptized too! It was amazing! Brother Owens is a pretty serious man and when we asked him if he was excited to be baptized, he said "Maybe." Haha. But once he was baptized and confirmed, he was so happy! It was a great experience for all of us and a great way to end my time on the mission!

I don't want to leave! This has been the hardest but most incredible and worthwhile 18 months of my life. This is rough on me. I have loved the experiences I've had as a missionary - especially the hard ones. It's helped make me into a better person. I'm so grateful for my Heavenly Father who sent me to South Carolina to labor among these people. I know that this is where I was needed for 18 months. I know that even though my time as a full-time missionary is up, it's not the only time that I get to do missionary work. I'm now going back home to be involved in the most important part of this great work - member missionary work! The church is true! I know it with all my heart! I'll see y'all later this week! Love y'all! Have a blessed week!

(Signing out for the last time)

- Sister Amy Christensen

Sister Davis, me, Brother Owens, Brother Thompson, and Sister Gardner at Brother Owen's baptism.


Celebrating the baptism with some Cook Out! I'm going to miss that place when I go back to Utah...


Me and Sister Davis with Sister Lamb from Sumter

No comments:

Post a Comment