Monday, July 8, 2013

Here We Go!

The time has come! Can I just say that it's crazy how fast time flies... I've been waiting for this week to come for 105 days and now I leave for the MTC in just two short days! I can't even believe it! Before I leave, I just have a few short things that I want to share on my blog!

As many of you know, I got set apart 4 days ago and it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. My younger brother and one of my best friends, Cody was ordained an Elder the same night that I was set apart! It was cool to share that experience with him before I left! Not only did that happen but my stake president invited him, along with my dad and grandpas, to help set me apart as a missionary as his first experience with the Melchizedek priesthood. It was seriously one of the greatest things that has happened to me so far and not something that I'll forget soon!

My entire family, including my grandparents from
both sides, came for Cody's ordination and me
getting set apart! Such a great day!

Since my last post, a lot of people have talked to me about being set apart as a missionary so early. I feel like a lot of people have told me how they were sorry for me being a missionary for so long before I left. I've told some people "Well, I'm not!" This may sound weird but I actually needed to be set apart early. I'm the type of person where I like to be eased into things and becoming a missionary was definitely something that was nice to be eased into. I just like that I'm able to still do things with my family here but I've been able to cut down on somethings like music and Pinterest (Which has been a lot harder than it sounds)! Today I'm giving up technology in general though. I'll be done using Facebook, Twitter and my cell phone. Sure it will still be hard to give up but I'm glad I didn't have to go "cold turkey" the night before I entered the MTC! Don't get me wrong! It wasn't ideal that my whole stake presidency left for a leadership camp last Friday but because they did, I was able to gain a better testimony that the Lord knows each of us and our needs. He knew this is what would be best for me.

Well I want to let you guys know how excited I am to be apart of this missionary effort in a few days! It's a little scary to leave but I'm definitely more excited than I am scared. I know that this is the only true church on the Earth! There are people in South Carolina just waiting to hear the gospel from me and I can't wait to share it with them! Being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has made me a happier and better person! I can only hope that I'll be able to bring others to Christ, which will help them be just as happy as I am.

I'll have family members updating my blog with my weekly email while I'm gone so be sure to bookmark this page or something! I'll go ahead and leave you with my missionary scripture, Alma 29:9: "I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." I'll see y'all in 18 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment